The Plymouth Lions Club Vision of Charitable Giving is based on the Lions Club International motto “We Serve.”
The Plymouth Lions Club concentrates its efforts on the greater Plymouth community. Therefore, we believe all members of the community:
- Share responsibility of achieving a quality community.
- Are strengthened when people of diverse backgrounds participate in the community.
- Can be treated fairly and with respect.
- Require long term investment and thoughtful considered risk taking.
- Are connected to the well being of others.
The mission of the Plymouth Lion’s Charitable Giving is promoting a healthy community in which all people have the opportunity to enjoy quality in their lives.
By doing so, the Plymouth Lions Club Charitable Giving serves primarily the people of the greater Plymouth area by providing funds and grants that contribute to the health and well being of our community.
We do this by concentrating our giving in the following areas:
- Community = about 40%
- Youth including Scholarships = about 40%
- Individuals = about 10%
- Lions International Programs = about 10%